09 February 2012

My Smartphone Pays for Itself


I love my smartphone! I don't remember how I got along without it. I play games, get directions, practice my French, look up movies, and figure out just what is that song playing in that commercial. The best part of my phone is that it helps pay for itself.  Smartphones are not cheap and it just made sense to me that it should help pay the bills. Yes! You read that right: my phone earns it keep.




How? Reward apps for your smartphone. There are several out there but these are the three I use daily and love:


Swag Bucks SBTV Mobile App (Android only, for now)

If you are not already a member of Swag Bucks join here, or visit my Swag Bucks Tips page to find out how it works. Swag Bucks is my all-time favorite rewards program because they offer so many different ways to win. The new app is just the icing on the cake.

The SBTV Mobile App plays movie trailers and tv clips on your phone. I like the Comedy channel because the clips are short. There are ads between clips and for every 5 you watch you earn 2 Swag Bucks. You can earn a maximum of 50 Swag Bucks a day. Oh, did I mention it auto-runs?! This one is a no-brainer. Join, download, win. Period!


Shopkicks (Android and iOS)



Shopkicks rewards you for visiting businesses near you. You earn kicks, or points, for walk-ins, scanning producs, and finding hidden bonuses within the app. It is a shopping app so use it to find deals, discounts or just browse the latest products at your favorite stores. I've also found some great local spots thanks to the app!

You can also win bonuses to share with your friends. Sign up with me today at Shopkicks to start with 50 kicks. I'll get 50 kicks too! Trade your kicks for prizes, gift cards (hello they have Target!), or donate to worthy causes.

It is easy to see why they have over 2.5 million users.


Checkpoints (Android and iOS)

Checkpoints is also a shopping rewards app with a bit more. You get points for checking in to places, and scanning products. You can also earn points by downloading and searching with their toolbar on your computer. Then there is my favorite part: the games! You earn coins each time you scan a product, or download and test drive apps. Then you can win more points in the games.

Trade your coins for charity, prizes, or gift cards. Get friends to sign up for more points!

If you do sign up for Checkpoints, please my bonus code 'vsweeps' to get some bonus points when you sign up and I will get some too.



I hope you try out some or all of these programs and have fun making your fancy phone pay for itself too! One more tip: follow all of these programs on Twitter and Facebook. They all have frequent contests and opportunities to win! Yes, it does pay to get social.



© 2012 Embrace The Free. All rights reserved. Disclosure Policy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated. Comments may take awhile to show up and spam is never ever allowed. Hateful and/or profane comments will not be tolerated. I have the right to remove any comment for any reason whatsoever.